Monday, January 30, 2012

Tzaziki

I like my Tzazaiki garlicky, with a lemon zing. I'll eat it with a spoon it's so yummy!

Grate an English cucumber (seedless) and squeeze out as much water as you can. Spread out on a plate with lots of sea salt on top to dry it out even more. Let it sit and then squeeze any more liquid you can from it.

Combine the fattiest yogurt you can find (low milk fat versions just don't taste as flavorful) with a splash of olive oil, the juice of one lemon (I cheat and use lemon juice already squeezed) and about 3 cloves of minced garlic. Fresh garlic works the best because of the oils that give the flavour. Some may think this is too much garlic bite. So perhaps only 2 cloves if you're not a big garlic fan like me. Let this sit at least overnight to let the flavours mingle.

Add the cucumber whenever and voila - yummy Tzazaiki!


No comments: